A situation in which the thoughts and beliefs of others have shaped my perception.
– when I graduated from high school I did not know what I wanted to do for a living; I wanted to become an artist or do something creative and to get out of this country first in order to find what I was yearning for; I got talked into going to university right away, choosing major and minor classes which I was not passionate about but which were acceptable for me; since then my way in life has been traced with acceptable jobs
What have I been choosing in this situation?
– I have been choosing to stick with the thoughts and beliefs of others on what would be best for me from their point of view instead of being strong and willing enough to go my way; in a way I relied on them instead of relying on me, I was not able to trust my inner voice at that time
A new scenario of this situation:
– I go to the US as an aupair experiencing another culture, a different life, cutting myself off the influence of my parents and gaining confidence, trying new things, finding what my heart is yearning for. I come back after a year and going my way, making experiences based on my decisions , living life with passion, it might not always be easy but it is the way I chose
What new choices can I make from now on?
– I want to find out what my real passion is and if there is a way to live from that passion or if it can be included in my life in a way that makes me happy and love what I am doing. I do not want to choose acceptable things anymore but want to make choices to which my heart says yes. My heart chooses the right things because they come from my self and not from some outer influence.
– I got a new haircut, simple but makes me look fresh again
– breakfast with my hubby
– yummy lunch and breakfast, I just love food
– little, strong feet stretching my full belly, oh how much I love this little person already
– got a cute little gift from the hair stylist for our little one, a wooden baby’s rattle hand-made
– prenatal yoga class
– having a wonderful (non-biological) father who cares
– I am so thankful to take the time and meditate with the help of Deepak Chopra, it makes me feel light, happy, like I am on the right track
– having a partner who makes me laugh and smile each and every day
– feeling my baby interact with me, tickling her feet